I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted any updates on the house. Time seems to just fly by. It’s hard to take care of everything all the time.
But, here are some of things I worked on this summer…
- Finally hung up the wire wrapped door numbers I made from scrap wire around the house. See the DIY Tutorial here.
- Got the garden growing nicely.
- Used the unused tiles (that originally were going to go into the in-law bathroom) as pavers around the raised beds. Neil said I could take the garden all the way back to the fence line, so I’ll have to thin out the pavers next year to get them all the way around.
- Put in the front walkway pavers. The slate tiles I used were all found around the property! Next year I’ll start the landscaping in the front.
I was very proud of my very first garden. I’m expanding it next year in order to get more yield and plant more varieties. But, check out some of the vegetables I got!
- Zucchini and bush beans (aka: green beans…pole beans/snap peas didn’t do so well, might not plant those next year).
- 2 huge zucchini and 1 cucumber on the left (ended up with about 8 huge zucchinis and 10 or so cucumbers total for the season)
- More bush beans and some celery (which I regrew from a store bought stalk)
- That’s a big zucchini! Definitely planting more of them next year so I can make some breads!
We also ended up with lots of tomatoes, cayenne peppers, herbs (rosemary, parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, sage, marjoram), 1 bell pepper (that I will be picking in a few days), yellow squash, spaghetti squash, and lettuce.
The watermelon and pumpkin plants got eaten. The swiss chard, kale, and acorn squash didn’t grow (I had them in another part of the yard, so I’ll have to rethink their positions next year).
All in all I think we had a good summer. Hopefully I’ll have more interesting updates to share soon.