I’m super excited about the potential of the eat-in kitchen since discovering that under the old floors (laminate wood, padding, linoleum, plywood, linoleum layer #2, and more plywood) there was real wood floors!
The final eat-in area will include built-in bench seating with table and a rebuilt wall with full-lite door (maybe another sliding glass door? or simple pocket door?) into sun porch.
I won’t know for sure exactly what to do with the floor until after I get it patched up and sanded, but here are some ideas:
- Painted design over raw wood in similar color scheme. Source
- Fully painted floor with design in reverse color scheme (yellow on white). Source
- Stain on stain checkerboard in more subtle stain shades. Source
- White washed fully painted floor with hand painted simple design in similar color scheme. Source
- White painted design with full stain finish – This is my ideal direction, but if the floor looks too choppy after being patched up I’ll have to go another route. Source
- Simple white and grey (or similar color to final cabinet choice) checkerboard full painted floor. Source
So, I’ve got lots of options and I won’t actually make any progress on it for at least a few months (everything else needs to be finished/framed/drywalled before I can start on the floors). But I like to plan and play with ideas. =)